Our CEIAG aim:
Throughout our CEIAG programme, we believe in supporting and challenging your child to become the best they can be and are driven to ensure that no student knowingly underachieves or doesn’t understand the options about what is next in their ‘learning’ journey. To support us in our mission we need your support – as we know parents have more influence in a student’s learning decisions than that of their teachers and other school staff.
63% of students said they would seek the advice of parents, carers, relatives and family friends for careers advice. Whereas in comparison, 25% of parents and carers feel they know about the learning routes and opportunities at 16 and 18.
We, therefore, appreciate the need to work together in providing the information needed for you to feel informed to support your child in their next steps. We hope to do this by providing various information evenings but also through this website page.
With these principles in mind, we aim to ensure that every student has the highest quality advice and guidance on their future pathways and the knowledge on how to achieve their goals through the following entitlement:
- Learn knowledge about the world of work and the skills needed to be successful in the workplace through tutor-time and subject careers learning;
- Find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
- Hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies & group discussions and taster events;
- Understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses;
- Ability to request a 1:1 pathway meeting with our Careers Leader to explore interests, future ideas and create an individual career plan;
- Have the opportunity to meet one employer or more through planned whole year group career learning activity, subject learning or career fairs;
- Hear about the world of work and employability skills through assemblies;
- Attend any lunchtime guest speaker events which are open to all year groups.
Our CEIAG programme is full of new CEIAG learning opportunities as you progress through Castle Manor Academy. More details can be found in our ‘Careers Policy Summary’ and ‘Calendar of Events’ on the careers homepage.
Further useful links can be found below, please contact Mr Course if you require any information that isn’t listed for further support.
Student Advice for Parents
Careers Advice - https://www.parentalguidance.org.uk/
Information and Advice for Young People in Haverhill - https://haveyou.org.uk/
Information and Advice for Young People in Suffolk - https://www.thesource.me.uk/
CV & Personal Statement Writing inc. Employability Skills
CV and Covering Letter writing
CV & Personal Statement Useful Words
Personal Statement Writing Guide
Employability Videos - https://www.youtube.com/c/CassThompsonCareerAdvice/featured
What do employers want - https://www.ucas.com/careers/getting-job/what-are-employers-looking
Where these subjects can lead - https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/my-career-options/where-can-subject-choices-take-you
What careers could be right - https://www.lmiforall.org.uk/skillsometer/
Career Research - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/explore-careers
Career Videos - https://icould.com/
Labour Market Information (Local) - https://www.icanbea.org.uk/
Labour Market Information (National) - https://www.lmiforall.org.uk/careerometer/
Careers Advice - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/contact-us
Post-16 Options Support
Post-16 Qualifications Type Video - https://youtu.be/f_xAQNNi4pA
Post-16 Course Search - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/find-a-course/page?searchTerm=&distance=30%20miles&town=Haverhill%20(Suffolk)&orderByValue=Relevance&startDate=Anytime&courseType=Classroom%20based,Work%20based&courseHours=&courseStudyTime=Daytime,Day%20or%20block%20release&filterA=true&page=1&D=1&coordinates=0.43763|52.082852&campaignCode=
Post-16 Bursary - https://www.gov.uk/1619-bursary-fund
Apprenticeship Information & Vacancies - https://www.apprenticeships.gov.uk/apprentices
Traineeship Information & Vacancies - https://www.gov.uk/find-traineeship
Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Support
Post-16+ Transition Guide - https://www.thesource.me.uk/assets/My-learning/16+-Transition-Guide.pdf
Suffolk Advice Service - https://suffolksendiass.co.uk/
MENCAP Advice Service (24/7)- https://www.mencap.org.uk/advice-and-support/employment-services
Careers Talk Videos, Reading & Podcasts
Careers Reading - https://careermap.co.uk/careermag/
Careers Podcast - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/podcasts#listen-to-future-you
Career Talk Videos - https://www.speakersforschools.org/inspiration/vtalks/vtalks-video-library/